Toni Whittier is a certified mediator who uses mediation, facilitation, and communications tools to guide in-firm meetings and conferences to help lawyers resolve inchoate and actual internal conflicts. Bringing individuals together in one room (with the option for private caucuses) fosters faster, concrete outcomes.
The mediation format allows individuals to ask questions and share information so that clarity ensues and options for resolution can be explored. Scenarios that can benefit from this approach include those involving:
- Communication and delegation issues
- Problems working well with colleagues
- Inconsistencies in providing excellent client service
- Failure to use firm-mandated processes or procedures
- An unwillingness by practice group leaders to support each other through cross-selling or otherwise
- Compensation issues
- Disagreement relating to credit for business generation
In some instances, the meeting will serve as a precursor to Toni’s working with one of the parties to move forward with an agreed-upon plan of action. Even when a full agreement is not reached, preliminary agreements and identified options are memorialized and participants are empowered to continue the conversation.
Half-day and full-day options are available. Contact us to find out more.
“I’m frequently asked to work with one individual at the behest of law firm management – but that person sometimes lacks a full understanding of the issues at play. This impediment can be remedied through the directness of the mediation framework.”
– Toni Whittier