Business development and marketing is different for attorneys who already have achieved a level of business generation success. They know their strengths, are engaged with the marketplace for legal services, and have specific aims. Focused and detailed input, rather than a pre-packaged program or broad-based plan, tends to work best – and that’s what we supply.
Toni Whittier provides dedicated support to lawyers who want to continue to move their practices forward – whether by expanding existing client relationships, extending the geographical reach of a practice, maximizing the power of a professional network, creating a new product or service, targeting a particular industry, or something else. She frequently helps clients to prepare for informal or formal pitches, making specific suggestions on themes, value propositions, communication methodologies, marketing materials and follow-up.
Toni works shoulder-to-shoulder with her clients, often brainstorming collaboratively to analyze and assess opportunities and pinpoint next steps. She listens to ideas and discusses how to make them even better, always taking market conditions into account. She is “on call” for her clients and provides input and ideas in 24-72 hours if needed. She is available by office and cell phone, text, and Skype.
Examples of the kinds of matters on which Toni partners with her clients include:
- Block outlining the approach for a particular pitch or presentation
- Communications tools for specific pitches, including persuasive phraseology that can give an edge
- Review of PowerPoint slides and suggestions for key slides within a set
- Techniques and approaches for maximizing particular business development trips
- Strengthening relationships with far-flung clients
- Rehabilitating a damaged client relationship or a bump in the road of a representation
- Clearing the way to shifts in the contours of an individual practice (and getting firm buy-in)
- Considerations and strategies for further building out a practice group, including assessment of hiring options
- Issues relating to a practice group’s firm-mandated business plan
- Using the full breadth of an attorney’s background and formatting to optimize a firm bio page, LinkedIn bio, or speaking bio
- Considerations relating to taking an administrative position within a firm
- Preparing for compensation discussions and planning end-of-year personal submissions
- Evaluating the possibility of moving to another firm (assuming there is no conflict in doing so)
Please contact us to see if Top Tier Consulting fits you and your practice.